Today am gonna reveal you an interesting story on my 5 adeniums or desert rose plants. I will share my complete experience on growing adenium plants and reveal three nursery gardening secrets to grow adenium from seeds with 100 % success results. I will also show you the comparison between adenium seeds purchased from amazon vs the fresh seeds harvested from adenium seed pods.
For beginners, Adenium Obesum is a succulent plant which stores lot of water in its stem and also the modified part of the stem called the Caudex. We have discussed these in detail in my other adenium videos. You can check the adenium playlist from description below.
Before I reveal you the three nursery secrets on growing adenium, I will quickly brief you on 5 important care tips for adenium.
1. SOIL: This is the most important factor for successfully growing adenium. It’s a desert rose and hence prefers a sandy soil. Make sure you have atleast 50 percent sand or perlite mixed in your potting soil. For details on the perfect potting mix for adenium or any succulent, I have detailed episode on this topic. You can check that link at the end screen of this video.
2. WATERING: If your soil is really well draining, the frequency of watering does not matter much, like for instance if you have lot of rains in your zone, its almost like daily watering. And also make sure, you have good drainage holes in your container. Otherwise, generally watering weekly twice is the general rule for adenium like any other succulent.
3. SUNLIGHT: This is a very important factor for proper flowering. Adenium needs maximum sunlight and good humidity for flowering and growth. Atleast 6 hours of direct sunlight is a must!
4. FERTILIZERS: Most recommend chemical fertilizers like water soluble NPK, but I always use organic ones like simple decomposed cowdung or vermicompost like a handful of it once a month. And during repotting mixing a table spoon of steamed bone meal will do the job and induce enormous flowering in all seasons except in it dormant season – that’s winter.
5. PEST CONTROL: Its commonly affected by sucking pests like aphids, mealy bugs and mites. Weekly spray of 10 ml neem oil in 1 litre of water will easily control this problem.
Please Watch the RESULTS on Day 5 till Day 15 in the Video.
ALL ADENIUM VIDEOS LIST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkJu7jOD7_Y&list=PLvE-WOB38X7bV-kRI-Mamkhao09Q4eIhj
Perfect Soil Mix For Adenium : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkN4j0lSTW0
GARDENING HACK TO MAKE ADENIUM CAUDEX FATTER : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5okzay5H_WQ
SAVE ADENIUM IN RAINY SEASON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yt4J3wylLk
AMAZON ADENIUM SEED GERMINATION RESULTS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDMwe7SslnM
ADENIUM SPECIES CLASSIFICATION: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC7dhapOVXc
HOW TO USE NEEM OIL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjj1Rk1blY
MY HEALTH TIPS CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/c/vcare?sub_confirmation=1
(I am a medical doctor with hobby as gardening)
Free SUBSCRIBE TO Our Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/c/gardentips?sub_confirmation=1
CLICK NOTIFICATION BELL TO “ON” TO RECEIVE UPDATES!
Gardening Products I buy: http://www.gkvk.net/links/
Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/gkvk.net/
Our Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/gkvk_in
Our Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/gkvk.in
My Friends Channel – http://youtube.com/terracegarden
Please LIKE and Share your Thoughts and COMMENTS below.
Also please SUBSCRIBE to our channel with Notification Bell “Turned On” to receive notifications on new additions and activity of our channel.
Garden Tips – Gardening Channel in English – http://youtube.com/gardentips
Gardening Tips Hindi – http://youtube.com/gardeningtips
CHECK OUR PLAYLISTS: https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/playlists
Join Our WhatsApp Group to learn from experts: Please Join Here https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/join for a small fee. After Joining, please contact us with your youtube user id and whatsapp number to be added to our Gardening Family. Contact here – https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/about (enquiries).
#adenium #gardening #gardeningtips #gardentips #gardeningideas